Lana Del Rey — Bel Air (Instrumental)
What’s In My Bag: School Edition
It’s my last term in college, which means finishing off any remaining minor classes I might’ve missed in the earlier years of college. I obviously hate math, or else I wouldn’t have put off Statistics class up until I had no more choice but to take it. Thankfully I’ve got my 3 friends, Dani, Izabelli and Aris to keep me company and keep me sane. These are the contents of my bag on a typical Thursday.
- Statistics book - It was mandatory to buy this book for class. Our professor wrote it, so go figure. Although we do use it every single week. Thankfully our professor is a great teacher, I’m 100% confident in passing her class. I don’t quite hate math as much as I used to.
- Scientific Calculator - Also mandatory. I borrowed Kimi’s Casio because I hate to buy stuff I’ll never use afterward.
- Linen fabric pencil case - I got this to match my 2012 Starbucks planner… I got it from National Bookstore.
- Staedtler markers - I got this from Singapore, and they’re markers, not the usual Staedtler pens you can buy here locally.
- Native print wallet - Got this during a sale. Gab picked it up, but it suited me better so he bought it for me instead :)
- House keys - If I leave this at home, then I probably wouldn’t be able to get home until my grandpa does, which is sometimes already at midnight.
- iPhone buddies - I can’t ever leave without a charger because my battery drains within the first 5 hours of complete usage. Yikes.
- Planner - I got mine from MUJI and customized the front using quotes made with my label maker.
*I got my rucksack from a store at Divisoria
So these are the usual Thursday school essentials. I used to bring my make-up kit around just in case, but I quit touching-up on make-up when Gab graduated from school. Haha Go figure.
As a fashion student, the contents of my bag is, to me, considered unusual. When we’re working on grad show pieces, you’ll find contents that are more fitting for a design student. But that’s another post for another time. :)
Some detail shots of the garments I made and wore as punk Wonder Woman! I designed and created (and stitched like satan) every patch on my vest, which were DC comics- inspired takes on classic punk/ metal/ riot grrl patches. My concept was if Wonder Woman was a modern day young woman living in the city- I figured that she’s seen a lot of shit to make her sufficiently angry at society, but she’s also ultimately a fighter for good and justice, so I wanted the overall tone to be in keeping with her character’s moral code, concerns and stances. I wanted it to feel authentic and updated but not removed from Diana’s world, the world of DC characters and conflicts.
I stitched the WW logo onto a red knit crop top since I thought it looked most like a band logo. The shorts I dyed, cut up, studded and stitched stars onto… and then a pleasant little slogan on the back pocket (inspired by a back patch on one of Lobo’s biker jackets!)
The attention to detail on the patches is my favourite part of this, amazing work Mandy! <3
Everything about this made me scream.
Your pupils dilate when you see the person you are attracted to. Because the nervous system controls the muscles of the irises, the response of the nervous system to different stimuli results in involuntary pupil dilation. Another commonly cited reason the pupils dilate is in response to excitement or sexual arousal. When a person sees something or someone they find very attractive, their eyes may dilate.
(Source: ruoloc, via we-are-all-secretly-dead)